Bylaws of the Interact Club of Agoo
ARTICLE I — Elections
1. Election for the offices of president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and directors shall be held annually prior to . Those elected shall take office on .
2. Nominations of officers shall be made either in writing or from the floor. Candidates shall be voted upon
at the regular meeting following the meeting at which nominations are made. Voting shall be by secret
ballot. Those candidates receiving a majority of the votes of the members present and in good standing
shall be elected.
3. In addition to the president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer, there shall be elected directors.
ARTICLE II — Duties of Officers
1. President. The president shall preside at all regular and special meetings of the club and the board of directors. He or she shall, with the approval of the board, appoint all standing and special committees and, in
the event of a vacancy in the board of directors, shall, with the approval of the board, fill such vacancy
by appointment until the next regular election of the club. He or she shall be an ex officio member of all
2. Vice-President. The vice-president shall succeed to the office of president in the event of the removal of the
latter for whatever cause, and, in the absence of the president, shall preside at all meetings of the club and
of the board.
3. Secretary. The secretary shall maintain all club records. He or she shall keep minutes of all meetings of the
club and board of directors.
4. Treasurer. The treasurer shall have custody of all club funds, maintaining all necessary records, and depositing all such funds in a bank approved by the board of directors. He or she shall make all disbursements
under procedures determined by the board of directors. He or she shall report the club’s financial status at
each meeting of the club, and shall hold all records available for inspection by any club member.
5. Board of Directors. The board of directors shall be the governing body of the club, as provided in the constitution. It shall make an annual report to the club to apprise all members of the club’s operations. It shall
hold regularly scheduled meetings, not less than one a month, which shall be open to the attendance of
any club member in good standing. Members attending such meetings, however, shall not address the
meeting except with the permission of the board.
ARTICLE III — Meetings
1. Meetings of the club shall be held not less than twice per month and meetings of the board not less than
once a month, at a time and place suited to the convenience of the membership.
2. A majority of the members in good standing shall constitute a quorum at any regular or special meeting of
the club. Any four members of the board, one of whom must be the president or vice president, shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the board. No meeting of the club or of the board shall be deemed official unless a member of the Interact committee of the sponsoring Rotary club is in attendance.
Standard Interact Club Bylaws
(date) (date)36 Interact Handbook
ARTICLE IV — Fees and Dues
1. The admission fee for new members shall be . Annual dues shall be per member.
2. All fees and dues must be paid before a member will be considered in good standing.
ARTICLE V — Committees
1. The president, with the approval of the board of directors, shall appoint the following standing
A.International Understanding. This committee shall be charged with primary responsibility for devising
ways and means of engendering international understanding among the members, in the school and
community, and in all other areas. It shall have the duty of initiating and planning one major activity in
its field each year which shall involve all or most of the club membership.
B. Service. This committee shall have responsibility for devising at least one major service project annually,
other than international, which shall involve all or most of the membership.
C. Finance. This committee shall devise ways and means of financing any and all club activities requiring
funds, in cooperation with the appropriate committee.
D. Club. This committee shall be responsible for attendance, membership, programs, fellowship, public
relations and such other matters as may be deemed appropriate.
2. No committee shall take any action to carry out its plans until those plans have been approved by a majority of the club membership.
ARTICLE VI — Amendments
1. These bylaws may be amended by majority vote of the members in good standing at any regular or special
meeting of the club at which a quorum is present, provided notice of intention to call such a vote is given
at least fourteen days earlier at a meeting of the club at which a quorum is present, and provided such
amendment is approved by the sponsoring Rotary club.
2. Nothing in these bylaws shall contravene any provision of this club’s constitution.